    SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
    On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 05:01:39PM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
    > Hi!
    > This problem again :-)
    > I purchase/download a program for linux.
    > It says it requires certain kernel features, for example :

    If it wants THOSE, it is asking for wrong abstraction layer

    No userspace program (beside of special sysadmin tools) should
    be poking into PROC_FS. The NET interface abstraction is already
    wrapped inside libc.

    > How can I figure out in 5 minutes, without a kernel hacker, if
    > my linux system has the correct settings ?

    Good software gives clear diagnostics if some necessary facility
    is missing at runtime.

    > This is a real life question, probably more suitable to ask
    > on some distributions mail list, but I thought I'll start here.
    > TIA,
    > david
    > --
    > David Balazic