SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
At 12:34 PM 2/4/02, you wrote:

>A really useful patch makes all the options appeared in /proc/config.gz. It's
>used by SuSE kernels among others (mine, too :)
>You can find the patch on kernelnewbies.org (don't remember where exactly)
>

>zgrep CONFIG_PROC /proc/config.gz
> will give you the answer.
>
>I have absolutely no clue why such a useful things is not integrated into the
>kernel yet. It's even useful for such things as "build a kernel using the
>same options as I have on current kernel but I don't know where my .config
>is".
>
>FWICS It seems harmful to me.
>

>Thomas

I remember discussion of that patch some time ago and the main complaint
about it was that it increases the size of the kernel, i.e. vmlinuz. Why
not put the need info in a module? Doing that would enable the following
command:

zgrep CONFIG_PROC /lib/modules/`uname -r`/config.gz

(or something similar).

David

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.170 / U:3.748 seconds]