SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
Date

A really useful patch makes all the options appeared in /proc/config.gz. It's
used by SuSE kernels among others (mine, too :)
You can find the patch on kernelnewbies.org (don't remember where exactly)

zgrep CONFIG_PROC /proc/config.gz
will give you the answer.

I have absolutely no clue why such a useful things is not integrated into the
kernel yet. It's even useful for such things as "build a kernel using the
same options as I have on current kernel but I don't know where my .config
is".

FWICS It seems harmful to me.

Thomas

On Monday 04 February 2002 17:01, David Balazic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This problem again :-)
>
> I purchase/download a program for linux.
> It says it requires certain kernel features, for example :
> CONFIG_PROC_FS,CONFIG_NET,CONFIG_INET
>
> How can I figure out in 5 minutes, without a kernel hacker, if
> my linux system has the correct settings ?
>
> This is a real life question, probably more suitable to ask
> on some distributions mail list, but I thought I'll start here.
>
> TIA,
> david
>
> P.S.: Please CC me on the answers.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.184 / U:0.852 seconds]