SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?

David Balazic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This problem again :-)
>
> I purchase/download a program for linux.
> It says it requires certain kernel features, for example :
> CONFIG_PROC_FS,CONFIG_NET,CONFIG_INET
>
> How can I figure out in 5 minutes, without a kernel hacker, if
> my linux system has the correct settings ?
>
> This is a real life question, probably more suitable to ask
> on some distributions mail list, but I thought I'll start here.

I agree: ask to yout distribution mail list. Every distribution
have a different place for kernel configuration.

Anyway:
If you use your distribution kernel, and if your distribution is
not so strange, you have enabled the 3 drivers.

giacomo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.024 / U:10.520 seconds]