SubjectRe: [Coder-Com] Re: PROBLEM: high system usage / poor SMPnetwork performance

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Dan Kegel wrote:

> But do you remember that this fd is ready until EWOULDBLOCK?
> i.e. if you're notified that an fd is ready, and then you
> don't for whatever reason continue to do I/O on it until EWOULDBLOCK,
> you'll never ever be notified that it's ready again.
> If your code assumes that it will be notified again anyway,
> as with poll(), it will be sorely disappointed.

Yeah that was the problem and I figured out how to work around it in the
code. If you are interested I can point out the code we have been working
with.

Regards,

Aaron

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.072 / U:2.352 seconds]