SubjectRe: [BETA-0.92] Third test release of Tigon3 driver

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, David S. Miller wrote:

> In the usual place:
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/davem/TIGON3/tg3-0.92.patch.gz
>
> Three changes of note:
>
> [FEATURE] Yay, real HW acceleration hooks in the 802.1q VLAN layer.
> Tigon3 takes advantage of it.
> [BUG FIX] Let tg3_read_partno fail, some boards do not provide the
> information and it isn't critical to the operation of the
> driver.
> [BUG FIX] Minor bug in ETHTOOL_GREGS length handling.
> [CLEANUP] Use netif_carrier_{ok,on,off}() to keep track of link state.
>
> If people with real VLANs can try to get the HW acceleration stuff
> working, I'd really appreciate it. Especially the person who (GASP)
> wanted us to put the tasteless NICE stuff into our driver. :-)

Heh, I've never looked at the NICE-code.. I just found it working OK for
me :)

Anyway, I'm going to test this code after a while so I can be sure it
_should_ work (I have only one production system where I can test this so
I can't use very buggy drivers in it :)

> Adding support to the Acenic driver should be pretty easy and I'll
> try to do that before catching some sleep. Jeff could also probably
> cook up something quick for the e1000.

That would be nice, a common way for hw-vlans is a good thing.

Intel has also their own (kludgy?) way of doing hw-vlans in the current
driver?

- Pasi Kärkkäinen

^
. .
Linux
/ - \
Choice.of.the
.Next.Generation.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:20    [W:0.104 / U:1.332 seconds]