SubjectRe: What is TCPRenoRecoveryFail ?
Bjorn Wesen <bjorn.wesen@axis.com> writes:

> Around the time of the packet loss happened, the counter
> TCPRenoRecoveryFail increased by one, but I'm not sufficiently into the
> TCP code to figure out why that happens and if that is the reason why
> Linux stop retransmitting anything.. any ideas ?

TCPRenoRecovery fail just means that fast retransmit didn't help and
it is going into a full retransmit. Fast retransmit is a short cut retransmit
mechanism that works faster when only a few packets got lost. You lost
more than 1. You have to find out why you are losing them.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:1.224 seconds]