SubjectRE: Kernel module ethics.
Date
>>A couple of months ago Larry McVoy gave this excellent advice:

>> If you really want to know where you stand, it'll cost you around
>> $15K and that, in my opinion, is fine. If it isn't worth $15K to
>> protect your code then it is worth so little to you that there really
>> is no good reason not to just GPL it from the start.

>>Erik

Hello Erik,

I hope this is not to ignorant a question: From your post I do not
understand what costs around $15k (yes generally I understand protecting
source) but specifically, is this for patent, copyright or some strange
relicensing fee. Not that I am interested in that line of action, but just
the ambiguity piqued my interest. I would appreciate any level of
elaboration.

Thanks much,

Karl Tatgenhorst

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.106 / U:2.856 seconds]