SubjectRe: How to disable TCP's checksum
Date

> I am currently using kernel version 2.4.2 and trying to
> disable tcp_input's checksum function. However, even
> I comment all the csum_error in the file tcp_input.c, the
> packet (with wrong checksum) seems still will be dropped.

If the checksum field is the only one thats incorrect or messed
up, then disabling the checksum will suffice. But if any other part
of the packet is also corrupted or altered in some way, it
might fail the many other checks both IP and TCP perform.

(Sorry, I know thats fairly obvious, but its easy to miss a check
or two. :) )

> Zhu Ying jie

thanks,
Nivedita

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.025 / U:0.972 seconds]