SubjectRe: crypto (was Re: Congrats Marcelo,)
Date
On February 26, 2002 10:47 pm, Robert Love wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 16:40, arjan@fenrus.demon.nl wrote:
>
> > loopback mount crypto. you want the actual crypts in kernel to avoid 2
> > context switches per block you read.
>
> Oh, yes, indeed -- encrypted filesystems. Then the issue is resolving
> the various international concerns.

I'd say, just put it in and let them resolve themselves. If that bothers
China for example they can make their own censo^H^H^H^H^H edited tree,
they have their own homegrown Linux distribution. I think they'll just
let it go. Really, Linux is not going to get banned from any undemocratic
countries, it's too useful.

The governments of democratic countries such as France will not object, or
if they do then they will end up being severely larted by their own
citizens, that's a fight they can't possibly win.

/me thinks about the jolly fuss that would ensue if France censored Linux

--
Daniel