SubjectRe: BK Kernel Hacking HOWTO
On Feb 26, 2002  18:45 +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> So what if Linus isn't happy with the changes you made in the for-Him-to-pull
> tree? How do I back off (part of the changes)?

Well, assuming he tells you that there is a problem, run "bk undo -r <rev>.."
to remove the patchset that he doesn't like (in theory). If there have been
a large number of changes after <rev> then they are all removed (there is no
way to remove only a single CSET from within the middle of the tree. Then
you re-do the changes in a way that Linus likes, and submit a new CSET.

You could also add the fix to the same tree and hope he accepts both CSETs,
but I think Linus doesn't want to clutter up his tree with <patch>+<fix>
instead of a single <patch> that was correct in the first place.

In some cases, you are probably better off to export the changes in <rev>
into a diff, get a new Linus BK tree, and re-apply the patches + fixes
and generate a new CSET from that.

Not perfect, but that's life.

Cheers, Andreas
--