SubjectRe: 3c59x and cardbus
christophe barbé wrote:

> When you remove a 3c59x-based cardbus, the fonction vortex_remove_one
> is called and this function end with kfree(dev).
>
> I was looking why enable_wol loose its value after a remove/insert cycle
> but this value is store in the private part of dev so it's free with
> dev.
>
> The driver is not unloaded during the remove/insert cycle so it's a
> kernel space problem.

Yes, all driver state is destroyed when the hardware is removed.
Look at it the other way: if this was not done, the driver would
have a memory leak.

I guess it would be possible to retain some state across insertion
cycles, keyed off the MAC address or something. What's it needed
for?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.061 / U:20.216 seconds]