SubjectSome problems on a ThinkPad A30P (again...)

First, a big thanks for the help I got so far (reg. kapm-idled thread)...

Today I've experimented some more, and found the following:

- even ALSA 0.90beta11 can't solve the suspend problem. I also noticed
something rather strange, that I didn't realize before (due to
auto-loading of modules):
When I try to load "snd-card-intel8x0" for the first time,
modprobe complains about the card not being found or being
busy.
When I try to load the same module a second time,
everything works "fine"...
But - WHY would linux at first say, the card isn't there, but
find and initialize the card on the second run?

- Due to the problem with ALSA, I went back to try the kernel
sound drivers instead and found the i810_audio to work fine
(and - more importantly - not disturb the suspend... ;)
("historically" I switched to ALSA on a TP600 which was a pain
to get sound working with kernel drivers, but which was fairly
easy to do with ALSA at the time... ...and since then I hadn't
even tried the kernel drivers any more...)

But - the following problems remain:

-> Hibernation doesn't work at all (this used to work on the TP600
and on the TP A21P I had before)...

-> trying to load agpgart (to make DRI work) fails with:

Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 816M
agpgart: Detected an Intel 830M, but could not find the secondary device.
agpgart: no supported devices found.

-> When the system resumes from a suspend, the following message
turns up in dmesg:

APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)

(The system appears to work fine, but I'd still like to know,
what the error is for...?)

-> prism2_pci (linux-wlan-ng-0.1.10; linux-wlan-ng-0.1.13pre[1-4])
WLan throughput is VERY low (~18KB/s, as opposed to ~550KB/s
on a PCMCIA card, linked to the same Wireless access point;
also - Win2K also reaches 550KB/s on the internal prism2
chip)...

Any help on any of the above would be highly appreciated! :)

Benedikt

BEAUTY, n. The power by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a
husband.
(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.036 / U:0.016 seconds]