SubjectFlash Back -- kernel 2.1.111

Linus,

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/ide-2.5.5/

If you want me to continue to work on 2.5.5, back it all out.
Otherwise Martin Dalecki is your NEW IDE Maintainer in the Development
tree and beyond. I will continue to work on 2.4.X it is save from such
changes.

I refuse to fix this mess. I go off to a standards meeting for two days
and come back to a destroyed STACK. There is no reason for me to
continue to lobby for modification the Microsoft Proposal of a new
command, Force Unit Access, as make the Journaling File Systems stable.
Especially since their proposal and usage of the command under
EXT3/Reiser/XFS/etc would damage the data.

Please allow him to UPDATE and correct the SCSI core, also.
I was joking with Christoph Hellwig about his work on the SCSI API,
suggested he work with Martin to accellerate the rewrite. So I am
inviting Martin to assist in the SCSI directory and any other place you
needs such an incredible grasp of your "DARWINISM" v/s logical "DESIGN".

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
Linux Disk Certification Project Linux ATA Development

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.153 / U:20.720 seconds]