SubjectRe: Flash Back -- kernel 2.1.111
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Pedro M. Rodrigues wrote:

> I checked Microsoft's proposal recently. Didn't see see anything
> devastating, could you please enlighten me on this one?

Does forcing a command to bypass the contents in the cache meaning
anything. This is not a cache sync like SCSI. It is a cache bypass and
will violate the journal on the down/commit block.

> Thanks,
> Pedro
>
> On 22 Feb 2002 at 1:25, Andre Hedrick wrote:
>
> > continue to lobby for modification the Microsoft Proposal of a new
> > command, Force Unit Access, as make the Journaling File Systems
> > stable. Especially since their proposal and usage of the command under
> > EXT3/Reiser/XFS/etc would damage the data.

Andre Hedrick
Linux Disk Certification Project Linux ATA Development

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.173 / U:2.144 seconds]