SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.5-dj1 - Bug Reports
 > It compiled fine. When I booted up everything looked normal with the
> exception of a
> eth1: going OOM
> message that kept scrolling down the screen. My eth1 is a natsemi card.

That's interesting. Probably moreso for Manfred. I'll double check
I didn't goof merging the oom-handling patch tomorrow.

> Eventually that stopped and gdm came up. For some reason my keyboard and
> mouse wouldn't work.

-dj includes a different input layer to Linus' tree, which requires
some extra options enabled. Vojtech, this is quite a frequent
'bug report', and I think if you merged that with Linus, the number
of reports would climb. Is there a possibility of simplifying the
config.in somewhat? Or at least changing the defaults to give the
element of least surprise..

> It got to check.c in fs/partitions before stopping with an error.

That one I've not got an answer for. Can you give me more information
about your disk layout, partitions, number of disks, scsi?/ide?/lvm?