    SubjectRe: time goes backwards periodically on laptop if booted in low-power mode
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > This isn't fixing the root cause of the problem which is interactions
    > > between the BIOS power management and the kernel I believe, but it
    > > does fix the problem and is really quite cheap so perhaps might be
    > do_gettimeofday is still going to give strange results - and consider
    > the case where you boot slow and speed up...
    > If you can give me the DMI strings for the affected boxes I can add
    > them to the DMi tables (see*) works properly
    on my desktop machine, but on the affected laptop it just repeatedly
    prints out

    DMI 2.3 present.
    44 structures occupying 1330 bytes.
    DMI table at 0x17FF0000.
    dmi: read: Illegal seek

    and doesn't say anything interesting. Both machines are running
    vanilla Red Hat 7.2, I think. Shall I try it with vanilla 2.4.18-rc1?

    - Dan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.022 / U:16.548 seconds]