SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> >Eric has done it, without being of kernel hacker temple's fame.
> >
> >Whether he doesn't listen to other developers, I cannot tell, I got my
> >/fetchmail/ issues resolved. Still, I share the opinion that the kernel
> >
> Fetchmail is a prime example for the fact that Eric isn't a capable
> software designer.
> Yes it is usefull, and works, but the configuration doesn't solve the
> common problems
> for which fetchmail is used in an easy way... I wouldn't like to have
> something like
> fetchmail for the kernel configuration.

The point is not to discuss fetchmail ease of use or design or whatever.
CML2 is much younger, and in a much more maintainable language (or so I
believe, at last; Python vs. C).

The point I'm raising is that I cannot believe Eric would not care for
change requests right now, that contradicts my experience.

--
Matthias Andree

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin