SubjectRe: weird system load (2.4.18-pre3)
> I have a linux router running 2.4.18-pre3 kernel and I've got the
> following problem with it:
>
> It doesn't have free cpu, more than 75% of the resources go to system:

Well its paging somewhat which suprises me, but unless your disks are in PIO
mode I would not expect it to account for that.

What network and disk drivers are you using ?

> ext3 mounted, and we had a lot of problems with ext3 when reaching maximum
> capacity ( after reboot had a lot of fatal errors ), but that seemed to

Thats not a good sign for trusting the machine either

> passed, and now we are getting this unusual load, plus the system is not
> so reponsive.

Not so responsive as when ? also what is in the dmesg log ?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.040 / U:3.640 seconds]