    SubjectRe: PATCH 2.5.4 i810_audio, bttv, working at all.
    Martin Dalecki wrote:

    > Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >
    >> These changes are wrong. The addresses desired need to be obtained from
    >> the pci_alloc_consistent return values.
    >

    > The bttv we can argue about, I was just tagging it as beeing a quick
    > fix...
    >
    > Of course I admit that I have taken the easy shoot here. But it wasn't
    > possible
    > to me to deduce the proper thing to do by looking at the patches.
    > This is the usual way I deal with API changes: Have a look at what has
    > been done
    > to the other candidates and do the analogous thing where you need it.
    >
    > But please just show me a non x86 architecture which is using the
    > i810_audio driver!

    Ah OK now I see that the API changes you where referencing too are
    missing in bttv.c
    already for a longer time then the 2.5.3->2.5.4 stage. This makes it
    clear how to deal with that.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.060 / U:29.528 seconds]