SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing
Hi!

> > But as I understand your weave method, its not even linear as a
> > function of version size, its a function of _archive size_. The
> > archive is the sum of the versions woven together, and that means your
> > operation is really O(N+A) = O(A).
>
> The statement was "extracting *any* version of the file takes constant
> time, regardless of which version". It's a correct statement and

So, you are saying that you can extract *any* version of any file
within second?

Certainly not. [Take sufficiently big file...]

If you are saying that speed of getting any file does not depend on
which version you want, that is pretty different statement.
Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa