SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:17:43PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

> It may be theoretically interesting to minimize the space taken up by
> revisions, but I think it is more economically sensible to screw that
> and and instead, maximize convenience and interactive speed with
> features like revision libraries (as in arch). This ain't the early
> 90's any more.

For What It's Worth, on a laptop environment (where I work quite a
bit) and for something the size of the Linux kernel, and where things
change at the speed of the Linux kernel, in fact space efficiency
matters a lot.

In fact, the one thing for which I was quite unhappy with BK until
Larry implemented bk lclone (aka bk clone -l) was the amount of space
having multiple copies of the same repository took up, since BK really
requires multiple sandboxes for parallel development. It's not a big
deal with something the size of e2fsprogs, but for something the size
of the BK linux tree, Size Really Matters.

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.121 / U:1.116 seconds]