    SubjectRe: faking time

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:49:39 +0000, SA products wrote:

    >I want to fake the time returned by the time() system call so that for a
    >limited number
    >of user space programs the time can be set to the future or the past
    >without affecting
    >other applications and without affecting system time-- Ideally I would
    >like to install a
    >loadable module to accomplish this- Any hints ? Any starting points?

    If you're doing this to defeat a program's security or licensing scheme, let
    me warn you that there are many ways this could be detected. Inconsistencies
    in different time functions, filesystem times that are way ahead of system
    time, times built into networking protocols (and thus received from remote
    machines), detection of times before other run time, and so on.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.024 / U:57.720 seconds]