SubjectRe: thread_info implementation
Hi!

> No, it will slow down ia64 and you haven't shown that it helps others.
>
> That's crap. You haven't shown this yet, it didn't slow down sparc64
> so I doubt you'll be able to.
>
> You don't have any facts, you just "think" it will slow things down
> because of the pointer dereference. I challenge you to show it
> actually shows up on the performance radar.
>
> The thing is going to be fully hot in the cache all the time, there
> is no way you'll take a cache miss for this dereference.

So you essentially made your cache one cacheline smaller.

I guess it is easy to add 100 minor modifications, none of them
showing on performance radar, and slowing kernel 2 times in result.
Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa