SubjectRe: Interface operative status detection
Hi,

> Now what I would *really* like to see would be a way to get asynchronous
> notification of userspace processes on link beat change. Of course, depending
> on NIC this would require an interrupt handler or a kernel thread periodically
> checking the link state, as well as some way to pass that information to the
> user (netlink socket, interrupt...not sure what the best would be).

I have already written code that sends a link state notification via
netlink socket, but still have to create the patches for 2.5, maybe
2.4ac and later 2.4. Just give me some more days, if you're working as a
software developer in your daily job, you are not always motivated to
run straight to your private computer afterworks, at least I am not ;-)

Stefan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.034 / U:33.856 seconds]