SubjectRe: 2.5.4, cs46xx snd, and virt_to_bus
Date

>I'd rather provide a function to obtain the base address of the ISA hole,
>while would also allow us to
> - Return an error when it doesn't exist (a given kernel may or may not
>have it depending on which box it's booted, it can't be a compile time
>option)
> - Eventually obtain a per-PCI bus ISA hole (the "legacy one" beeing
>defined as bus or with a special constant) so multi domain machines
>can use multiple VGA cards (eek eek ;)

Side note: even if we never intend to support multiple VGA cards in
separate domains, it still make sense to have a way to match an ISA
hole to it's hosting PCI bus (if any). The VGA card may not actually
be on the primary bus of a multiple-bus machine (and the very notion
of primary bus makes few sense in multi domain environements anyway)

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.045 / U:2.976 seconds]