    SubjectRe: patch: aio + bio for raw io
    On Fri, Feb 08 2002, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
    > > And also, currently BIO_MAX_SIZE is only 64K. Infact, if I try to issue
    > > 64K IO using submit_bio(), I get following BUG() on my QLOGIC controller.
    > Jens? Also, why does the bio callback return a value? Nothing could ever
    > possibly use it as far as I can see.

    WRT max size, Linus already replied why this is so. The other thing --
    the callback return value was really to have it return 'done or not'
    when doing partial completions. It was later decided that the end_io
    callback should only be called for final completion, so really the
    nr_sectors and return value is not used now. I'll clean that up next
    time around.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:47.620 seconds]