SubjectRe: patch: aio + bio for raw io
On Fri, Feb 08 2002, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> > And also, currently BIO_MAX_SIZE is only 64K. Infact, if I try to issue
> > 64K IO using submit_bio(), I get following BUG() on my QLOGIC controller.
> Jens? Also, why does the bio callback return a value? Nothing could ever
> possibly use it as far as I can see.

WRT max size, Linus already replied why this is so. The other thing --
the callback return value was really to have it return 'done or not'
when doing partial completions. It was later decided that the end_io
callback should only be called for final completion, so really the
nr_sectors and return value is not used now. I'll clean that up next
time around.

Jens Axboe