SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.4 Sound Driver Problem
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:09:32 -0500
> From: John Weber <weber@nyc.rr.com>

> I enable ymfpci, and I have to compile and link dmabuf.c which leads to
> the problem (the only other sound options enabled are
> CONFIG_SOUND_GAMEPORT and CONFIG_SOUND_OSS).

> By the way, I don't use modules so this problem results in a link error.
> I guess I could use modules if this would rectify the problem.

Try to do this. Open drivers/sound/Config.in, and find YMFPCI
tristate, then delete $CONFIG_SOUND_OSS from that line.
Edit .config, and remove CONFIG_SOUND_OSS. Rerun make oldconfig,
when prompted for CONFIG_SOUND_OSS, say N. This should work.

I use monolithic kernels on 2.4, but on 2.5 it is officially
discouraged, so I gave up on it.

I do not see ANYTHING in 2.5.4 Makefiles that depended on
CONFIG_SOUND_GAMEPORT. This option only works to restric
some configurations choices, but it does not control any
compilations. Seems like a deadwood to me. Just kill it too.

-- Pete

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.077 / U:4.388 seconds]