SubjectRe: How do I get "make install" to handle GRUB?
> I have GRUB installed with RH 7.2.  I build and test
> the development kernel series. How can I get "make install"
> to work with GRUB? It seems like maybe we need a "install-grub"
> target or we need to have a way to automatically determine the
> bootloader being used and then do corresponding install method.

GRUB package should have provided /sbin/installkernel script to take
care of this properly - or some other package should have.
(In debian it's in debianutils).

Anyway - you can always provide this script yourself. Makefile gives it
four arguments: version, path to zImage, path to System.map, intall-direcotry
(the install directory is whatever is defined in kernel Makefile and if you
are not using the default (/), you can override it here)