SubjectRe: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:
> from at least one developer I have already done a partial pull,
> ie taken only partial changes. In that case the changes I disagreed with
> were at the end, so it was easy enough to just do a "bk pull" into
> another tree, do a "bk undo", and only merge after that.
>
> But I agree - if I end up having to do that more than occasionally, I'm
> going to ask that developer to stop using bk at least as far as I'm
> concerned (ie he can use bk for himself, but I wouldn't accept bk
> patches from developers who cannot keep their stuff cleanly separated).

What about BK CSET (or regular patch) submissions from non-core
developers? Would you accept CSETs via email if they are preceeded
by a unified diff and explanation? This would make it much easier
for any non-core developer to avoid having to re-sync their changes
with you if/when you accept that change into your tree.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger