    SubjectRe: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4
    Linus Torvalds <> writes:
    > from at least one developer I have already done a partial pull,
    > ie taken only partial changes. In that case the changes I disagreed with
    > were at the end, so it was easy enough to just do a "bk pull" into
    > another tree, do a "bk undo", and only merge after that.
    > But I agree - if I end up having to do that more than occasionally, I'm
    > going to ask that developer to stop using bk at least as far as I'm
    > concerned (ie he can use bk for himself, but I wouldn't accept bk
    > patches from developers who cannot keep their stuff cleanly separated).

    What about BK CSET (or regular patch) submissions from non-core
    developers? Would you accept CSETs via email if they are preceeded
    by a unified diff and explanation? This would make it much easier
    for any non-core developer to avoid having to re-sync their changes
    with you if/when you accept that change into your tree.

    Cheers, Andreas
    Andreas Dilger

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.024 / U:3.128 seconds]