From: Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>
> If so, what you are describing is called "hacking" in the negative
> sense of the word, and what my customers do is called "programming".
> It's quite rare to see the sort of mess that you described, it happens,
> but it is rare. I don'tknow how else to explain it, but it is not the
> norm in the professional world to try a zillion different approaches
> and revision control each and every one.
>
> The norm is:
> clone a repository
> edit the files
> modify/compile/debug until it works
> check in
> push the patch up the shared repository

Or they create do a line of development in a repository with commits
and then determine that it wasn't working. No problem throw it away
and start over from a clean copy. Since the repositories are
distributed, private branches just disappear if you don't like them.

-Wayne

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.020 / U:0.372 seconds]