    SubjectRe: Maybe a VM bug in 2.4.18-18 from RH 8.0?

    On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:36:15AM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > United Linux at least has tested this according to
    > Hardware functionality is exploited through advanced features such as
    > large memory support for up to 64 GB of RAM
    > so I'm sure Andrea's VM deals with it gracefully

    I'm not convinced of grace even if I were to take it from this that it
    were directly tested, which seems doubtful given the nature of the page.
    This page sounds more like CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is an option.

    And besides, the report is useless unless it's got actual technical
    content and descriptions reported by an kernel hacker.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.036 / U:4.488 seconds]