SubjectRe: Maybe a VM bug in 2.4.18-18 from RH 8.0?

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:36:15AM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> United Linux at least has tested this according to
> http://www.unitedlinux.com/en/press/pr111902.html
> Hardware functionality is exploited through advanced features such as
> large memory support for up to 64 GB of RAM
> so I'm sure Andrea's VM deals with it gracefully

I'm not convinced of grace even if I were to take it from this that it
were directly tested, which seems doubtful given the nature of the page.
This page sounds more like CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is an option.

And besides, the report is useless unless it's got actual technical
content and descriptions reported by an kernel hacker.

Bill

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans