    SubjectRe: hidden interface (ARP) 2.4.20
    On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:01:35 +0100
    Willy Tarreau <willy@w.ods.org> wrote:

    > On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 12:59:38AM +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > Oops, right. I forgot the HW LBs that do triangulation. I wonder
    > > however, why one wants to use a HW LB and not configure it to work in
    > > NAT mode.
    >
    > Because when you have to deal with thousands of session per second, NAT is
    > really a pain in the ass. When you have to consider security, NAT is a pain
    > too because it makes end to end tracking much more difficult when you deal
    > with multiple proxy levels.

    Oh, a poor soul who experienced my everyday life ... ;-)
    netfilter-NAT may be a real nice choice for your-cool-server-at-home. Talking
    about many thousand NATted sessions you may as well flush it through the
    toilet. sorry for the open words.
    In complete contrary I have _never_ experienced problems with the hidden patch
    (after correct setup of the boxes). And for another reason: it is plain simple.

    --
    Regards,
    Stephan