    SubjectRe: [2.5.50, ACPI] link error
    Hi!

    > >>I haven't seen the patch, but does it make sense for hardware suspend to
    > >>depend on software suspend?
    > >>
    > >>IMO there should be a common core (CONFIG_SUSPEND?), not force ACPI to
    > >>depend on swsusp. That way you get the _least_ common denominator, not
    > >>the union of two sets.
    > >

    > >Feel free to fix that, but as swsusp is needed for S4, anyway, I do not
    > >see big need to do that.
    >

    > Why should I fix your fix?
    >
    > Doesn't that imply your fix is broken to begin with?

    ACPI/S4 support needs swsusp. ACPI/S3 needs big part of
    swsusp. Splitting CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP to S3 and S4 part seems like
    overdesign to me, OTOH if you do the work it is okay with me.

    Pavel

    --
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.