SubjectRe: bincancels in linux.kernel
On Dec 05, Andrew Gierth <andrew@erlenstar.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Marco> I'm not sure if there is a consensus about binaries in linux.*
> Marco> groups which do not match *.binar*. OTOH last year I added
> Marco> linux.* to the default cleanfeed configuration linux.* in the
> Marco> list of groups where binaries are permitted and nobody ever
> Marco> complained.
>did they notice, though?
Who knows? But I suppose they will notice if this would ever become a
problem.

>(I'd suggest linux.binaries.*, if not for the fact that people would
>probably start posting distribution CDs and apps there.)
Everything should be gated below linux.binaries.* then...
The reason I think it's acceptable to not do this is that the traffic is
low even when a few binaries are gated.
Someday[1] I plan to create a linux.binaries.patches group to distribute
kernel patches, but as usual it will be moderated.

> Marco> If you want to be sure that the hierarchy is not hijacked by
> Marco> warez kiddies you can just cancel everything not posted from
> Marco> /\.bofh\.it$/.
>you could have put that in cleanfeed too :-)
At the time I still hoped to be able to switch the groups to moderated
soon.

[1] Or closer, if somebody will contribute a script able to detect new
kernel patches in a kernel.org mirror...
--
ciao,
Marco

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.177 / U:0.020 seconds]