    SubjectRe: 2.5.53 : modules_install warnings
    Date
    In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.1021230212600.8353B-100000@gatekeeper.tmr.com> you wr
    ite:
    > On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Rusty Russell wrote:
    >
    > > In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0212281758230.839-100000@linux-dev> you write:
    > > > Hello all,
    > > > I received the following warnings while a 'make modules_install'. It
    > > > looks like there are a few more locking changes that need to be made. :)
    > >
    > > This is SMP, right? Those warnings are perfectly correct (yes, those
    > > files need updating).
    >
    > Any guess when you'll get them fixed?

    I've discovered an interesting (but kinda obvious) phenomenon. If you
    destabilize some part of the kernel, it becomes the natural suspect
    for problems.

    The corollary is, I'm getting more reports on kernel "module" bugs
    which are not actually my fault at all (and some, like erroneous
    __init sections, which the new module code just shows up).

    This is one: these drivers are actually broken. They give warnings on
    compile, they won't link when compiled in, and they won't insert as
    modules.

    Hope that clarifies,
    Rusty.