    SubjectRe: PATCH 2.5.x disable BAR when sizing
    Linus Torvalds writes:

    > Actually, I think it's certainly valid to not allow "printk()" to happen
    > around the BAR probing, at least at bootup when we control all the CPU's
    > tightly anyway.

    I'd like us to disable interrupts too. On powermacs, the interrupt
    controller is typically inside a combo I/O ASIC which is on the PCI
    bus. If we take an interrupt while the ASIC's BAR is relocated or
    turned off, we will get a machine check when we try to access the
    interrupt controller and the kernel will die at that point.

    Paul.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.036 / U:0.028 seconds]