    SubjectRe: Dedicated kernel bug database
    > And what about GNATS?  What about the others on
    > ? A number of those address
    > the web-based concern. Do any of them answer your other concerns? If
    > there are, where do those fail that bugzilla, GNATS, etc. get it right?

    Why are you so against somebody sitting down and thinking, "OK, we
    need a bug tracking database designed for debugging the Linux
    kernel."? I don't understand why you think it's a bad idea to start
    over. If my code was rubbish, then it wouldn't get used, and I wasted
    my time. Nobody else suffers.

    > But I see that starting from scratch is just the way you work:

    Well, since it's me that's offering to write the code, don't I get to
    decide how to write it?

    Besides, I'm not the only person who thinks it's a good idea to start
    over sometimes - Eric Raymond even addresses this point in The
    Cathedreal and the Bazaar.

    > Well, have fun, good luck, and I do hope you come up with something
    > useful and maintainable.

    If not, I will admit you were right to the list :-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.021 / U:207.272 seconds]