SubjectRe: Dedicated kernel bug database
> And what about GNATS?  What about the others on
> ? A number of those address
> the web-based concern. Do any of them answer your other concerns? If
> there are, where do those fail that bugzilla, GNATS, etc. get it right?

Why are you so against somebody sitting down and thinking, "OK, we
need a bug tracking database designed for debugging the Linux
kernel."? I don't understand why you think it's a bad idea to start
over. If my code was rubbish, then it wouldn't get used, and I wasted
my time. Nobody else suffers.

> But I see that starting from scratch is just the way you work:

Well, since it's me that's offering to write the code, don't I get to
decide how to write it?

Besides, I'm not the only person who thinks it's a good idea to start
over sometimes - Eric Raymond even addresses this point in The
Cathedreal and the Bazaar.

> Well, have fun, good luck, and I do hope you come up with something
> useful and maintainable.

If not, I will admit you were right to the list :-).