    SubjectRe: Alcatel speedtouch USB driver and SMP.
    >> drivers/usb/misc/speedtouch.c

    Greg> Ah good, you're using one that the source is available for
    Greg> :) I think the developer has said it will work on SMP
    Greg> machines, but what problems are you having, and have you
    Greg> asked the author of the code?

    I haven't any problems yet, as I haven't bought the modem yet. I don't
    want to if it is going to give me problems.

    The 1.4 version of the driver (before integration into 2.5 series
    kernel), is supposed to not work with SMP kernels (that's why I asked
    in the first place). So I contacted the author (Johan Verrept) to ask on the status,
    and he said he thought it was probably OK now, as it was in the 2.5

    So I grabbed the 2.5.51 sources and looked at the see, and could see
    no mention of a change to fix SMP. So I then contacted Richard Purdie,
    who was the last person to make a change to the source. He said he
    didn't know.

    So, is anyone using it on SMP?
    Colin Paul Adams
    Preston Lancashire

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.040 / U:11.196 seconds]