SubjectRe: [FBDEV]: Framebuffer driver for Intel 810/815 chipsets

Applied !!!!

MS: (n) 1. A debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that
renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. 2. A disease.

James Simmons [jsimmons@users.sf.net] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U
http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net

On 11 Dec 2002, Antonino Daplas wrote:

> James,
>
> It seems the fbdev framework is stable enough, and already in the
> development tree. So, I'm submitting a driver for the Intel 810/815 for
> review and perhaps inclusion to your tree (to get more testing), and
> hopefully merge with Linus's tree.
>
> The patch is against linux-2.5.51, but will not work yet because of 2
> reasons:
>
> 1. agpgart is not working for the i810
> 2. support for early agp initialization needs to be added.
>
> Once #1 is fixed, the driver should work as a module. And once #2 gets
> included, the driver can be compiled statically. Dave Jones (thanks for
> the help, by the way) has already #2 in his tree (tested and works), and
> is currently working on #1 (I have a hacked version at home).
>
> The driver should be compliant with fbdev-2.5, and should support most
> if not all features that are to be expected (modularity, state saving
> and restoring, full hardware support, etc). One thing also that's very
> important for many people is that the driver will work with XFree86 with
> its native i810 drivers without further modification, and quite stably
> too.
>
> The patch is at
> http://i810fb.sourceforge.net/linux-2.5.51-i810fb.diff.gz
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.065 / U:0.212 seconds]