    SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.51
    Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:

    > > > Will the Radeon fbdev driver work with all Radeons (for instance a
    > > > Radeon 9700 Pro)?
    > >
    > > Yes I saw support for this card :-)
    >
    > Well, I'm not sure it quite works yet. Maybe unaccelerated, but anyway,
    > my version of radeonfb for 2.5 isn't accelerated yet anyway. I'll work
    > on that (or Ani will) now that the API is stable enough.

    How well does this driver work if you don't have a firmware
    driver initialize the card? aka a pci option ROM.

    I am interested because with LinuxBIOS it is still a pain to run
    PCI option roms, and I don't necessarily even have then if it a
    motherboard with video. There are some embedded/non-x86 platforms
    with similar issues.

    My primary interest is in the cheap ATI Rage XL chip that is on many
    server board. PCI Vendor/device id 1002:4752 (rev 27) from lspci.

    If nothing else if some one could point me to some resources on
    how to get the appropriate documentation from the video chipset
    manufacturers I would be happy.

    But I did want to at least point that running a system with out bios
    initialized video was certainly among the cases that are used.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.043 / U:32.856 seconds]