    SubjectRe: 2.4.20-rc1 - hang with processes stuck in D
    marcelo@conectiva.com.br said:
    > Or rather try it on a different box.

    This has been seen on a number of different boxes running a variety of kernels.

    The ones that have happened to other people that I have heard of have all
    involved UML. I've also make my laptop hang with BK, diff, and emacs.

    Here are some threads talking about this problem:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=103644225423660&w=2
    and http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=103644252023954&w=2

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103351640614665&w=2

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=103582756229685&w=2
    and http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=103582861831037&w=2

    There's a variety of kernels and hardware involved here. My laptop is
    bog-standard IDE afaik. Zaphod, the subject of the second URL, is IDE behind
    a 3ware raid controller. Not sure about the others.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.018 / U:1.516 seconds]