    From said:
    > Or rather try it on a different box.

    This has been seen on a number of different boxes running a variety of kernels.

    The ones that have happened to other people that I have heard of have all
    involved UML. I've also make my laptop hang with BK, diff, and emacs.

    Here are some threads talking about this problem:

    There's a variety of kernels and hardware involved here. My laptop is
    bog-standard IDE afaik. Zaphod, the subject of the second URL, is IDE behind
    a 3ware raid controller. Not sure about the others.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:10.312 seconds]