    SubjectRe: NMI handling rework
    On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:20:20AM -0500, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

    > How? The NMI interrupt should be internally masked till IRET. I think your

    The question is not re-entrancy of the NMI handler (this cannot happen
    indeed) but whether if when an NMI is generated, and the CPU is handling
    an NMI, it will create another interrupt following the current one.

    For the performance counters this seems to be the case, but Corey is
    unsure about other sources of NMIs...

    > you can therefore add tasks in with specific time intervals which will get
    > triggered. This code currently is only running the nmi watchdog, but i'll
    > be experimenting with various other handlers. I'll post a URL soon.

    This can easily be built on top of the above API anyway, I think

    regards
    john

    --
    "When a man has nothing to say, the worst thing he can do is to say it
    memorably."