    SubjectRe: build kernel for server farm

    Actually if they are exactly the same, why dont you just copy the
    relevant files over? ie. /lib/modules/`uname -r`/*, and as mentioned
    your bzImage, System.map, and lilo.conf (and of course remember to run
    lilo)?

    Any particular reasons why you would want to go through the process of
    compiling again on each machine?

    -dj

    --- Matt Simonsen <matt_lists@careercast.com> wrote: > I am pretty
    familiar with the build process and kernel install for a
    > single Linux box, but I wanted to confirm I'm doing things in a sane
    > way
    > for a large deployment. All the machines are the same hardware and
    > running standard setups.
    >
    > First, I plan on compiling the kernel on a development box. From
    > there
    > my plan is basically tar /usr/src/linux, copy to each box, untar,
    > copy
    > bzImage and System.map to /boot, run make modules_install, edit
    > lilo.conf, run lilo.
    >
    > Tips? Comments?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Matt
    >
    > -
    > linux-kernel" in

    http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
    - 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.030 / U:30.056 seconds]