SubjectRe: [lkcd-general] Re: What's left over.
On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 03:03, Peter Chubb wrote:

> linux> While a crash dump to just half of one of those mirrors is
> linux> fine, finding it might be a little bit tricky. And the fact
> linux> that the kernel reassembles the mirrors automatically on boot
> linux> might make retrieving the data a little bit tricky, too.
>
> What most other unices do is crash dump to a dedicated swap
> partition. LKCD appears to be able to do this. So the setup of MD
> etc., isn't going to affect anything.

I have raid1 swap. That does make a difference to the problem space.
When we get into encrypted raid5 swap over nbd (the security paranoia
dept - store all my swap crypted split into 4 disks in four
jurisdictions...) it gets really fun.

For the normal cases it doesn't seem a problem, even for raid0 swap
since before crash time you can generate a list of device/blocknumber
values and store it in the signed area

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.039 / U:0.240 seconds]