    SubjectRe: [lkcd-general] Re: What's left over.
    On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 03:03, Peter Chubb wrote:

    > linux> While a crash dump to just half of one of those mirrors is
    > linux> fine, finding it might be a little bit tricky. And the fact
    > linux> that the kernel reassembles the mirrors automatically on boot
    > linux> might make retrieving the data a little bit tricky, too.
    >
    > What most other unices do is crash dump to a dedicated swap
    > partition. LKCD appears to be able to do this. So the setup of MD
    > etc., isn't going to affect anything.

    I have raid1 swap. That does make a difference to the problem space.
    When we get into encrypted raid5 swap over nbd (the security paranoia
    dept - store all my swap crypted split into 4 disks in four
    jurisdictions...) it gets really fun.

    For the normal cases it doesn't seem a problem, even for raid0 swap
    since before crash time you can generate a list of device/blocknumber
    values and store it in the signed area

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.021 / U:1.864 seconds]