SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Open POSIX Test Suite
On Nov 04, 2002  16:44 -0800, Geoff Gustafson wrote:
> Another problem is the overhead of the TET framework. One of the goals of
> this the new test suite is to have test cases which are utterly minimal.
> So far, each test case has its own main() function and a bare minimum of
> surrounding code. The idea is that when a bug is found, this one .c file
> can be sent to the appropriate developer, and without any learning curve,
> they have the ability to find their bug. I don't think LKML wants to see
> TET code posted here. :)

Having suffered through using the TET framework for the Open Group POSIX
test suite, I would agree that using TET sucks. The code is so convoluted
as to be useless, and it is nearly impossible to see from the output what
it is actually doing.

I agree that having a simple C or shell or perl script which is the entire
test, and the rest of the framework is external to it is very desirable.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?"