SubjectRe: CONFIG_TINY
Date
On Monday 04 November 2002 20:34, Cort Dougan wrote:
> I'm with you on that. People who clammer ignorantly about image size
> without looking at what they actually need should have opened their eyes in
> the last few years. Flash and RAM sizes under 32M are nearly unheard of
> now-a-days.

How much power does flash eat? I was under the impression half the reason for
tiny amounts of memory was to increase battery life in things that really
should last weeks or months instead of hours (wristwatches, cell phones on
standby, etc), but I guess that's mostly a question of dram and sram, not
flash. (I take it you can read the heck out of it without wearing it out,
it's just writes that are a problem... Then again you don't want rapidly
rewritten bookkeeping stuff in flash, do you? (Jiffies, scheduler stuff,
etc, should not be in flash...))

Not my area, I'm afraid...

Rob

--
http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello. Well why not?