SubjectRe: swsusp: don't eat ide disks

> > > Throw out the pages we can evict
> >
> > ...DMA from disk may be still running here...
> Only if a request is still active and therfore the queue is not
> quiesced

How do I quiesce a queue? Is it ll_rw_blk stuff?

> > ...and at resume you find out that your memory is not consistent
> > because DMA was still running when you were doing copy.
> I can see how that can be a problem for some other things but not block
> devices.

You are probably right that for ide disk quiescing a queue is enough,
but nothing prevents block device to do some DMA just for fun. Also I
want to spindown on suspend (andre wanted that, to flush caches), so I
guess that the patch is quite good as-is....

Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.