    SubjectRe: [Ext2-devel] Re: [NFS] htree+NFS (NFS client bug?)

    > So I suspect that this is a root a client problem --- the
    > client has repeated a READDIR despite being told that the
    > previous reply was EOF

    I disagree. As far as the client is concerned, it has just been asked
    to read the entry that corresponds to that particular cookie. If
    glibc issued a new readdir request (which is what I suspect has
    happened here), the NFS client has no idea what the previous reply
    was, or even where it was positioned within the page cache (the latter
    may have been cleared). All it can do is look up the cookie afresh and
    start reading from there.

    IOW: A cookie should *always* be unique. There are no exceptions to
    this rule.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.018 / U:4.720 seconds]