SubjectRe: uml-patch-2.5.49-1
Patrick Finnegan <pat@purdueriots.com> writes:

> That's just one example... the idea is that you want maximal separation
> between the guest OS's apps and the host OS. Sort of like "VM" on IBM's
> series of mainframe architecures. Of course, that's virtualization done
> in hardware not in software, but the principles are the same; you want a
> maximal amount of separation between the layers.

As an "idea" it doesn't make much sense for me. An mm does tie up
considerable amounts of unswappable host memory (page tables, mm_struct),
which could be used for a DoS without too many problems. The separation
you are asking for just isn't there with UML. The same applies to other
resources used by UML.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.036 / U:0.188 seconds]